Saturday, December 3, 2011

Moving out of the shittiest apartment in Richmond; leaving it to the vermin

As I wrote in my last entry I had some trouble with Sociopath the Flamer and his boyfriend Stupid when I Thursday morning so I vacated the property only to return to move my stuff this morning with my father. I had already packed most of my stuff into however I did have about an hour left of packing, in which I enlisted my father's help. By about noon we had loaded the truck and rented a u-haul storage space leaving only my paintings, bedding and a few odds and ends.

We hadn't any confrontation with S.F. and P until after we had loaded my bedding into the truck and were working on the paintings. "Natalie, I need to ask you a question." SF said and kept repeating. I ignored him but he was rather insistent until my father asked him to go ahead and ask it.


"I wasn't talking to you," S.F. said "I need to ask her a question."
"Well go ahead and ask the question." My dad said.
"I'm not talking to you I'm talking to her..."
"Whatever you need to ask you can ask in front of me."
Well of course that isn't what they wanted to do. They never did ask the question S started telling my dad to mind his own business, and "Don't come in our room," and "You better stay where you are.."
My Dad was already a little angry and this egging on had him yelling. I think the absurdity of a 22 year old drug addict fresh from jail telling a middle aged school teacher twice his size what he can and can't do gave my dad the excuse to yell at them a little. S reached into his pocket. (My dad assumed for a gun or knife) so my dad said "I don't care what you have in your pocket, I'll come and go where I want!"
"I want you to know I'm recording all of this." S said. Which I really doubt he was but nothing had happened or was happening. It was really the Stupid's idiotic attempt to intimidate me and my father. Which didn't work and we were able to remove the last of my paintings and tie every thing down to load it into my storage unit.

In my room I left a broken, couch, broken computer desk, some shelves, bookcases, and a junk table all of which I had found either in the apartment or in the alley and was using because I didn't want to have any more of my own furniture in that apartment than necessary. I also left a rather dirty floor, broken speakers, a broken dvd player, and some Comcast equipment that I didn't need. I did however have to make one last trip into the room to pick up my paint brushes, two DVD's and a bag I made of some socks and underwear which I had forgotten to pack Thursday night.

Stupid, Sociopath the Flamer, and someone I hadn't met before were in my room when my father returned.
I said the first words I've said to them since a month ago when I told them to turn their music down. "Hey Guys" I said loudly, actually I think it might have startled them as all of them. They were descending on and divvying up my broken electronic equipment.

"Did you want this?" S.F. asked. Probably looking for a confrontation, but the reality was I didn't.
I replied "No actually," quickly grabbed the stuff I did want; my DVD's, underwear, and paint brushes and left.
"What about this couch and furntiture?"
"You can have it. It came with the apartment."
"And the roaches too?" Stupid asked.
My father replied "They came with the apartment too."
S.F. yelled after me about giving him the key for the guy i hadn't met whom they said was moving into my room.
"I'm giving them to ____ (the landlord)" I said, and paid no attention to them saying they were about to see him immediately. I doubt it. Stupid is officially barred from the property.

I shut the door behind me, and have no intention of looking back. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the day. S.F and S saved me from cleaning out that last bit of garbage that I didn't want to clean out and if their friend really is moving into my room it saves me any trouble with the landlord although it is an illegal dwelling, with too many occupants. Honestly I was glad to give the apartment to them. I figure they are on the way down or at rock bottom. Let them make their own hell.


No comments:

Post a Comment