Thursday, February 20, 2014

Big week

Big week for me. I quit my restaurant job and I am now working full time selling insurance.

I'm really nervous about that...I have to make money. I have rent to pay, a car payment, auto insurance, food and what not and I'm about a grand in on a really really bad loan that I've been taking out to get started selling insurance.

Well one thing I learned transitioning was that you have to set your priorities. When I transitioned male to female I didn't let anything become more important to me...not friends, not family, not food.

Well I'm not going to succeed at insurance at the cost of family or friends I have to make the same thing apply.

Also I have no room in my life for negativity. It just flat out doesn't help. Even if I don't get the results I desire by being positive I at least won't be hindering myself.

On top of that I was interviewed by the local news about a VHSL ruling to allow trans kids to play on their respective sports teams. I think it's great and I'm on TV saying that. And a whole hell of a lot of comments, if not most of them below the story show that far too many people are not supportive.

I'm sorry if anyone says that I'm a man they obviously haven't ever spent any time with me.

All this ignorance that surrounds trans people is really infuriating sometimes.

I wrote this as a comment.

"A friend of mine put it best when she said “when it comes to identity, there is no compromising.” I think this is a very good step in the right direction. Gender Dysphoria is a medical condition; trans girls are girls, but even so, when it comes to averages males and females are much more similar than we are different, particularly as teens. Even when I was in high school before I ever took Estrogen there were girls my age who were taller than me, heavier than me and stronger than me. While testosterone does seem to make it slightly easier to build muscle than estrogen, and I have most certainly lost a great deal of my physical strength after having hormonally transitioned from male to female there wasn't such a huge difference to begin with. It saddens me that so many people who have never fought this battle with gender identity that I have are so quick to judge."

No comments:

Post a Comment