Thursday, March 21, 2013

A guy and a girl and a growing collection of phone numbers on cocktail napkins

So, I'm once again writing in the library.

Haven't been thinking about much recently, but I thought I'd write a quick entry.

I'm beginning to get a growing collection of phone numbers on cocktail napkins. A couple of weeks ago some girl gave me her number at karaoke, and on Tuesday night some guy gave me his number; he says he wants to make me famous...LOL.

I want to talk about the guy first. I went to happy hour at Babe's on Tuesday, even though I kind of didn't want to. I actually wanted to spend the evening at home in front of a classic, or Disney movie; I can get those for a dollar at video fan. (Yeah, I still go to a video rental store) I was in a pretty good mood, because I went to my doctor's appointment and my blood pressure is down.

I swear, this being an adult thing and having to worry about my blood pressure and cholesterol... I don't know that I like it all that much.

Anyway, I am also getting back over a grand in taxes. That is pretty much all going to pay for a root canal, but I'm still happy about it because I don't want to lose a tooth. So when I walked in I said something about how I'd much rather spend the money on something that will be more fun like a vagina, but how I should really keep my teeth. I went on to talk about wanting to actually be able to use my vagina, and how missing teeth might hinder my ability to do so. As in, I definitely judge people who are missing teeth. As in, I don't want to sleep with the type of person who sleeps with people who are missing teeth.

Actually, it's a molar and no one  would notice anyway.

Well this guy sitting at the bar heard my comments and decided I was a pretty interesting person. Apparently he dates men and women and has had a couple of trans women girlfriends in the past.

So normally I shoot down guys pretty fast...but well...maybe I've been a little too judgmental. Actually I did want to write a blog about this as well. I can't really honestly say that I'm not attracted to men. (though just to be clear I definitely still like women) But that's another story. So I talked to this guy for a while. He just asked me a bunch of questions about "Why?" Cis-people find trans people fascinating in general.

Now another guy comes in to happy hour everyday. He's married (to a woman).He lives like a block away and likes cheap PBR and burgers and he has no problem with lesbians. He's kinda a redneck though. Well, "Good ole boy" would be a better term. So the two of them alternated buying me beers and then kissed.

Yeah, you'd have to know the guy I was talking about. Anyway, he's not the type you'd imagine kissing a guy.

So the girl I met at Karaoke, a couple of weeks ago. She met my friend first and they exchanged numbers and facebooks, and then we talked for a while. eventually she told me this story about her friend, this guy who cross-dresses and may or may not be transitioning. So I was like "I guess you've read me then," and I answered her questions. Then she insisted I take her number.

I have no idea what I've done with either of these numbers, but the girl contacted my friend to see if we were planning on Karaoke this Monday, which we were. Apparently she has a friend she wants us to meet.

I'm guessing this is the friend she told me about.

So I'm a little apprehensive about this.

Sadly it has been my experience that I don't really get along too well with other trans women.

I don't know why. Maybe I'm too catty, maybe I'm too judgmental of them when they don't pass, and then sometimes (quite frankly) it seems that I am just a hell of a lot more feminine than the other trans women I've met.

Though, I also have never really met any other trans women my age, and I think that makes a big difference.

I transitioned at 27 because I just could not do it anymore. I couldn't keep up the masculine act or appearance. I was in hell trying to do it, and I think it really was about life or death. I mean, I wouldn't have killed myself (I'm not that dramatic) but I would have gone completely numb. I doubt I would have seen 30.

Most of the trans women I've met make it to their mid forties or even fifties.

As impossible as that would have been for me it makes me believe, somewhat, in what they call primary and secondary transsexuals.

I don't want to make a value judgment, but there is a huge difference between someone who never really had much of a life as a man and someone who was an adult man for twenty something years.

So we'll see if this guy makes me famous, and if this girl introduces me to a trans female who I can actually get along with.

No comments:

Post a Comment