Wednesday, May 9, 2012

new estrogen levels, sex change with the dmv, a very stupid class

     So I had my doctor's appointment today and got the form filled out to change my sex with the DMV. I will now be legally female in the state of Virginia. I can no longer get married, but now people will actually have to ask me if I'm trans if they suspect(ask me if I'm a man or woman and I will honestly and truthfully say I am a woman), and that's a good thing. I might not pass "perfectly" but I know I pass well enough that no one out right says that person is a man when they meet me. I'm happy about this.
     I'm also happy because my nurse practitioner doubled my prescription for estrogen. I've been having very good results on my current level. Actually my body is basically female, but I've been progressing at the same rate my natural puberty would have progressed at. With my new level of hormones my body should finish changing much more rapidly. I'm almost thirty. I've wanted the body I'm entitled to (as a female) since I first started going through that awful thing called "male puberty." Now I'll get there quicker. I do think I'm gonna end up with C cups. I also hope that maybe my ass will fill out a little more and my waist get narrower. I think I deserve to look completely female (and fucking hot).
     The final thing I want to blog about regarding my appointment is this new "mandatory" class that I'm supposed to take. One of the trannies from that group I left just recetnly took over the TG clinic. She has decided that everyone receiving services from the tg clinic needs to attend a five session two hour long class on "street smarts," ie: std's, alcohol and drugs, emotional coping, and safe sex. This is bullshit. This is another "gatekeeper" mentality thing, and what really pisses me off is that another transsexual is implementing this. For me, especially now that I have been on hormones for about 17 months, and I've been living full time for a little longer, my hormones and blood tests are only a medical need for me. Requiring me to take a class that I feel is of little use to me to continue to recieve services that no endocrinologist would require me to take is taking advantage of my trans and economic . I go to the TG clinic simply for medical supervision of hormones that are necessary for me. My psychological and social needs are met elsewhere. My therapist who knows me and my needs much better has never suggested that I take a class on emotional coping. I don't need it; Of course it is supposed to promote community; I did write an op-ed saying that Richmond has very little trans community.
     I can't attend. I mean, I will do whatever I have to do to continue my hormone therapy, but attending this class would cause me to miss ten shifts at work (because I work doubles on Tuesday) and will do absolutely nothing for me.I know that the real purpose of this class is to build community, but I resent any authority telling me who I should become friends with.  I do want more transsexual friends, but I basically see transsexualism as a medical condition. It is great to hang out with someone who has experienced it but I don't feel that is absolutely necessary for my health. Afterall I have so many similarities with cisgendered women.
     Anyway I hate that this woman would assume that just because I am transsexual I need to have huge amount of transsexual friends, nor that I'm not adjusted, and don't know how to get along in my daily life.
     Fortunately I think my work conflict gets me out of taking this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment